Sunday, July 5, 2009



Well, Brooke is still in the NICU, but she is supposed to be coming home on Monday, July 6th. She had a few setbacks, she had a (pneumothorax) which is a hole in her lung, but it healed quickly. They are just waiting for her to keep the oxygen levels up while she is eating and for her Jaundice level to go down.

They had a cute patriotic bow in her hair for the holidays and I will post a picture of it. We appriciate all of the family support during this trying time (especially those who watched Chase and Belle for us, so we could go up and talk to the Dr.'s and spend time with her.)

If you are wondering why she has black eyes, her whole face was bruised from dropping so fast.

3 comments:

  1. Ah man guys that's so crappy! I'm glad we live in times of modern medicine tho and there is so much knowledge on how to heal things. I hope she comes home soon I can't wait to meet her. And I LOVE how your calling her Brookie. That's what my dad always called me growing up. Thanks for keeping us posted on what's happening. I hate when I'm in the dark on things like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks, but I'm glad things are going better and I hope she gets to come home tomorrow. We'll keep praying for her. She's a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is home now and doing great. They still have to monitor the Jaundice but that's it. I am really glad for modern medicine too. It's amazing what they can do for this tiny little babies! Thanks for you support. It means a lot.

    ReplyDelete